Saturday, November 1, 2008

The festive spirit is still High


Sensex below ten thousand for the first time in two years as the economy continue to fall due to the tsunami in the worldwide markets. With such crisis in the markets, various sectors are facing heavy loss. With Diwali and Dhantaras round the corner, most of the companies are not offering discount to counter heavy losses.

Gold prices are skyrocketing in the markets now and buying gold in such a period would only bring heavy loss and bad luck. Dhantaras which symbolizes buying Gold,Silver or Utensil would bring luck through out the year, has made people think before buying gold at its all time high price. This has diminished smiles on the face of people as some are thinking of buying silver rather than gold and some Utensils instead of silver. Payal Gosh, an event organizer says "surely I would prefer to buy silver this time rather than gold. It would be my loss if I buy gold. If the gold prices fall then I will get my gold jewelry done or else my choice is silver this time".

The one thing that hasn't been affected this time is the festive spirit of the people. On Dhanteras Goddess Laxmi is worshiped to provide prosperity and well being. Hence Dhan Teras holds a lot more significance for the business community. Even though the gold prices are high, there are people who are not holding back their feet to buy Gold this festive season. Shikha, a customer says "I always buy gold jewelry on the occasion of Dhantaras and I have placed order for my gold jewelry this time as usual. I will get it on the day of Dhantaras".

We thought we would face heavy loss this time of the season, but people are still buying gold on the occasion of Dhantaras. The markets haven't affected our business" says manager of Alankar Jewellers. Jewellery shops continue to be packed with customers as everyone wants to please Goddess Laxhmi and get wealthier throughout the year.

No comments: